Paneer Bhurji is scrambled paneer or Indian cottage cheese stir-fried with tomatoes, onions, green chillies, and basic Indian spices.
It is a great protein-rich dish for vegetarians and can be made in under 15 minutes. As its easy and quick, I like to make it for my everyday meals or to pack in Lunch Box.
It is nutritious and an easy replacement for egg bhurji for vegetarians.
Preparation time : 10 mins Cooking time : 30 mins Total time : 40 mins
Servings : 3 max. Author : Archana Arunkumar
- Paneer shredded . – 1/2 cup
- Onion. 🧅. – 2
- Tomato. 🍅. – 2
- Peas. – 2 handful
- Chili powder. – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder. – 1 /2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt. 🧂. – 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves. – handful
- Cumin. – 1 tsp
- Cloves. – 3
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp.
- Garam masala. – 1 tsp
Step 1 :
Take a heavy bottomed pan pour some oil ,when hot add up the cumin and cloves when it get sizzle add the chopped onions and sauté well.
Step 2 :
Once when the onions gets transparent add in the chopped tomato and sauté well till it get mushy. Then add up all the spice masala chili powder, turmeric powder , coriander powder and salt. Now add the peas to it and close it for the peas to get cook.
Step 3 :
Now add the scrambled paneer to the pan and mix it up with the onion and tomato gravy and close it for few mins to get some flavors and add a spoon of garam masala
Step 4 :
Finally, sauté well and garnish it with some coriander leaves ☺️….
Our easy and tasty paneer matar burji is ready to eat.
- Do not scramble the paneer too small make it little bigger makes it tastier.
- You can also skip peas and can do just as paneer burji.
- If using frozen paneer soak them for sometime in water for 5 mins to get softer.
- It goes well with chapathi/roti/naan.