A salad is a dish consisting of pieces of food in a mixture, sometimes with at least one raw ingredient. It is often dressed, and is typically served at room temperature or chilled, though some salads like potato salad, or chicken salad can be served warm.
Garden salads use a base of leafy greens such as lettuce, kale or spinach; they are common enough that the word salad alone often refers specifically to garden salads. The sauce used to flavor a salad is generally called a salad dressing . Most salad dressings are based on either a mixture of oil and vinegar or a fermented milk.
Salads may be served at any point during a meal:
- Appetizer salads—light, smaller-portion salads served as the first course of the meal.
- Side salads—to accompany the main course as a side dish, examples include potato salad and Caesar salad.
- Main course salads—usually containing a portion of a high-protein foods, such as meat 🍖 , eggs 🥚 and cheese 🧀
- Dessert salads—sweet versions containing fruits, sweet yoghurt , granola or whipped cream.
In this salad one of my husband’s friend told me this recipe.She always tries Out different salads recipes and tell me the best combination and do’s and dont’s.
Salads are best to use for weight loss and it provides all the nutrients and gives the energy for the rest of the day.
For those who do not consume meat, poultry and eggs, green gram will be an excellent source and it is even less fattening! There is roughly 14g of protein in each cup of green gram
Preparation time: 5 mins Cooking time: 5 mins Total time: 10mins
Serves : 2 pax Author : Ms . Sarala Maheswari
- Green gram sprouts – 1/ 4 cup
- Cucumber 🥒 – 1/4 cup
- Carrot 🥕 – 1/ 4 cup
- Onion 🧅 – 1/2
- Green chili – 2
- Meal maker/soya chunks – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tbsp
- pepper. – 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Step 1 :
Chop carrot 🥕 onion 🧅 cucumber 🥒 into small pieces add them to a bowl . Then add green gram sprouted ( soaked in water for 4 hours then filtered and closed in a air tight container overnight )
Step 2 :
In a pan add olive oil and add the onion and green chili , sauté them for few sec til translucent then add in the vegetables and add salt pepper to it give a stir.
Step 3 :
On the other side in a pan put some meal maker or soya chunks add water and when it get boiled filter the water and squeeze the excess water out of the chunks rinse them completely and squeeze the water. Now in a frying pan add the chunks then add chili powder + salt and add them to the salad
- For the hot lovers ,this is the best 🥗 salad. You can skip the green chili and chili powder if you want the salad to be mild.
- You can add even yogurt mix with the vegetables if your a yogurt lover
- For weight loss this is the best salad 🥗 as it contains cucumber,carrots,greengram