Paneer is the most common type of cheese used in traditional cuisines from the Indian subcontinent. It is sometimes wrapped in dough and deep-fried or served with either spinach (palak paneer) or peas (mattar paneer). Paneer is used in main dishes as well as desserts and snacks.
Paneer is most loved dish for most of kids. Anything made with paneer will be loved y them. Paneer in any form is tasty too . Here comes a special and yet a tasty starter that is done in very few minutes.
Preparation time : 5 mins Cooking time : 10 mins Total time : 15mins
- Paneer cubes – 20 cubes
- Salt 🧂 – 1 tsp
- Pepper. – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder. – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste. – 1 tbsp
- Maida flour – 2 tsp
- Corn flour. – 1 tsp
- Garam masala. – 1 tsp
In a large bowl add in the masala powder that is mentioned in the marination list and mix them well. Now paneer should be mixed well with the masala paste and coated fully
Let it marinate for minimum half an hour . Now in a pan add oil and when the oil is hot drop the cubes one by one and do not disturb them until it turns golden brown . Flip them once its done.
In the above picture you can see the outer layer is crisp and paneer inside is soft. In a plate place the tissue paper and place the paneer cubes on that so it can remove the excess oil from it.
Serve it hot with some sauce and lemon and onion slices.
- If using frozen paneer bring it room temperature before frying it.
- While marination , the marination should be a little thick paste not to watery
- The ratio of Madia and Corn flour should be 2:2:1 . I.e., half the amount of corn flour should be added to the maida
- Do not place the paneer for longer time in the tissue paper. Placing it longer time makes the paneer soggy